Thursday 15 December 2011

Drugs!

This term I decided I would somehow like to embrace my 30 years as a pharmacist by getting drugs into my artwork. I felt that, after all this time, drugs are my language and that surely they would be able to influence my artwork?  But after playing around, it doesn't seem to be cutting it.  Not for the moment anyway.  It seems forced and too pre-meditated. Maybe having a certain material  to work with is not as important as having a process? And possibly because I have been working with drugs for such a long time, they have a certain place in my psyche? Not fluid enough.

                                           Sponge cake with ibuprofen tablets and capsules



                                           Various drugs in sponge cake mixture



                                           Beeswax 'scone' with various drugs



For the eca open day in October, I made a pretend drug cake, using paracetamol capsules in the traditional pharmacy logo. The title, Sig: 2 QDS,  is the way prescriptions are written, it means 'take 2 capsules four times daily'.

                                                     Sig: 2 QDS
                                                     Clay, icing sugar, paracetamol caps, ribbon

1 comment:

  1. The paracetamol cake looks delicious Sue! Pitty not more than 8 a day! :) Åsa x

    ReplyDelete